I wrote,
@  Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You, me, this dark restaurant.
The waiter looked too stiff to be normal,
he walked as if he was on strings,
food and drink were great though
so we left

Outside, streets didn't look local!
Streets were cobblestone, like those little french towns.
Simple neat buildings lined the area, but there were very very few people in the place.
I said I wanted to visit the town square, saying there's something interesting going on there.

We walked down the winding paths, and finally we ended at the square.
There weren't many people too, several performers in masquerade masks and a few musicians,
some folks just there watching.

Then the sky started darkening as the music's pace sped up.
The performers started moving more erratically, circling all the people watching the performance.
Their clothes fluttered as they spun, like flickering shadows.
And then, it was night!

The skies were clouded and little could be seen.
He could see me standing beside him, confused at what's happening.
He knew something was wrong, but he dunno why he's not reacting.
I commented something about them being too close and is it normal for them to do that?
He just said, he don't know.

I raised my hand and accidently knocked away one of the performers' masks.
The performer stopped and stood shocked with his face turned away.
The music stopped abruptly,
and all the performers paused in their steps.
The clouds parted and the moon showered the square with its ethereal glow.

I tried to rush towards the performer I accidently hit, plugging in power.
He held me back and said, 'wait'!
The performers turned back and stared.
Eyes are a dull grey, he had scars around his eyes and an ear missing.

He looked feral, with claws instead of nails, his performance clothes were disintegrating.
His skin darkened and he drew out a blade, it looked like stone.
But the edge was unmistakeable, ruby.

He pointed at us and gave a high pitched howl.
The rest removed their masks,
each having a different deformity, one without a jaw even.
Blades drawn, they howled in unison.
I ran, and he took off after me.

We managed to break through their circle,
screams coming from behind but we never looked back.
They started to give chase, the gates that lead outside the town were sealed.
so we continued, uphill.

It was a deadend of sorts, with just one door,
the town library tower.
I struggled with the door, then turning back to tell him it was bolted shut.
He tried to kick it down, after 2 tries, he got it to open.

The howls came again.
He told me to run up first, I said no.
Stubborn I am!
He moved a shelf to block the door
and took my hand and rushed up the tower
We reached the top.

He told me to look for an exit,
see if any gates are open,
while he checked for them too.
I looked down and saw that they were using their blades to scale the tower.
Then he asked if I trusted him.
I said yeah.

So we took a leap of faith, from the tower, into a dark moat.
We clambered out of the water,
and just sat there for a few minutes.
I was panting quite hard.

He said we needed to escape.
The only was through the woods,
few steps in, I feel something amiss.
He agreed.
And the woods lit up with white glows, reflecting off those pairs sickly grey eyes.
A loud screech and he opened my eyes

PS: It was just a dream by a good friend of mine. Nice and interesting hur?Anyway it was Spain according to him.

Posted by Choonni at 8:27 PM.



Comments





* Abby * Andy * Conny * Geri * Jann * Gary * Gim Hock * Jasmine Ding * Karen * Mei Shan * Michelle Lee * Shi Wei * Wan Lin * Wei Di * Wei Long*** * Xiao Hui * Xiao Hui * Xiong Xing * XueYing * LoonLoon*** * LuLu*** * Austin * Vanessa * SHu Shu*** * Melly * Mit Mit * Mons * Ashikin * Louis * Joyce * Ping * Wei Xian
Web Site Counter
Hit Counter